• Creator
    Topic
    Tshidi Modiragale
    Participant

How do we prevent stroke to attack or happen again and again? what measures can we take as Stroke Survivors. what medication can be recomeded by health practitioners to us at what costs what n medication reduce the chance of another attacks? can the me medication be found in public hospital?

• Author
    Replies
    • Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

Well said, Hersch.

• Hersh Minnis
      Participant

Hey Daniel. Good to hear from you. I’m in chiropractic care trying to avoid major orthopedic surgery. Pain meds, including topical creams like CBD oils, are not helping. Give my regards to the family. Much love.

• Daniel
        Participant

ouch. get well soon Hersch! what can we do for you?

• Hersh Minnis
      Participant

Hi. I’m Hersh. You ask the $64 question. I guess that every person who experienced stroke has asked, and continues to ask, that question. (I think that health care practitioners also desire to know the answer(s) to your question(s).) I believe that there is no simple answer(s). To say that stroke incidents are very complex is a huge understatement. Some things, like stroke, sometimes just happen. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason. Just like accidents, sometimes there’s just no way to reconstruct the separate parts of what happened and conclusively identify the “true cause”. The entire event is a great mystery to everyone who must grapple with the outcome, including family and friends of the person directly affected.

Stroke and other cardiovascular diseases have been around hitting people for a very long time. A pill or shot or diet or exercise regimen has not been discovered yet that, if followed, prevents the occurrence of stroke or definitively reduces the occurrence rate. So, I think the probable answer(s) to your questions are yet to be discovered. But…..
      While waiting on some desperately needed answers, we can all strive to find activities, meds (if desired), diets, and other lifestyle choices that help each day to be better than the previous days. Some remedies will be natural; some will be stumbled upon; still others will be learned behavior changes. The point being, be open to all of it and to what your life is offering you now…today…from moment to moment.
      By doing this, perhaps you can discover your personal “cure” that prevents you from experiencing another episode of a cardiovascular disease like stroke or heart attack or other seriously debilitating disease or injury.
      Good luck to each and every one of us who can claim Victory over our stroke experiences!!

• Daniel
        Participant

Hersch, so well said! There are many survivors from around the country have been missing you every Tuesday.

• Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

Brain Exchange will produce more mobile app users once you train them!

• Daniel
        Participant

sounds great

• Daniel
      Participant

Strokefocus mobile app is ready. Joyce is on it. Does anyone else want to give it a try?

• Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

Thought you meant that! Thanks!

• Amina Omar-Alli
      Participant

Hi. Sorry. My apology on my error that you shouldnt always check your
      blood pressure instead you should check your blood pressure and let it not
      be too high. Test it after every 1 to 2 hours. Pressure can go up through
      our food we eat and blood not circulating in our bodies. Exercise is also
      very good everyday. U must check with your doctor about your pressure
      tablets.

Hope u feel good and take care.

Show quoted text

On Sat, 06 May 2023, 08:38 FARZANA AHMED SAREK, <farzana.atm@gmail.com>
      wrote:

> Hi. Good morning. Hope u feeling good today on this beautiful Saturday.
      >
      > Firstly you shouldn’t always check your blood pressure and let it not be
      > too high. Test it after every 1 to 2 hours. Pressure can go up through our
      > food we eat and blood not circulating in our bodies. Exercise is also very
      > good everyday. U must check with your doctor about your pressure tablets.
      >
      > Hope u feel good and take care.
      >
      >
      > On Sat, 06 May 2023, 07:00 Strokefocus Member Services, delivery@strokefocus.net> wrote:
      >
      >

• Daniel
        Participant

No worries

• Ignatius Himbala
      Participant

Amina, greetings
      I have something unusual
      My doctor doesn’t believe my story. I have been a stroke survivor for five
      years
      I took my prescribed medication for only two years and currently am not on
      any drug due to reaction. Am worried

• Amina Omar-Alli
      Participant

Hi. Good morning. Hope u feeling good today on this beautiful Saturday.

Firstly you shouldn’t always check your blood pressure and let it not be
      too high. Test it after every 1 to 2 hours. Pressure can go up through our
      food we eat and blood not circulating in our bodies. Exercise is also very
      good everyday. U must check with your doctor about your pressure tablets.

Hope u feel good and take care.

• Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

I had a stroke through inherited genes.

• Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

Some people can’t avoid the stroke. Take me, for example. I was a runner, didn’t smoke or drink, and had great results from the doctor. But I also had, unbeknownst to me and found 10 years post-stroke, Protein C and Protein S deficiencies which ultimately causes blood clots. And the clots found their way to the brain where I had clots in every extremity. So bottom line:

• Compton Cam
      Participant

what joyce says is true. if you have a family history of stroke continue to stay healthy, eat right, exercise,no smoking or drinking and have regular visits to your doctor.

• Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

Some people get strokes no matter what they do. For some, inherited
      genes, giving them one condition or another that leads to strokes. So the
      best way is keep your diet healthy, avoid cigarettes, ban as much stress
      from your life as you possibly can, and exercise daily.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.