Home Forums Find A Support Organization South Africa Therapy options

• Creator
    Topic
    Member Services
    Participant

One of our members from South Africa submitted the following:

Good day,
    I would like to find out regarding any therapy/stroke support options that might be near me or are available to me.

Share what you know by replying to this email.

Sent from Stroke Survivors Foundation (SSF) -PDSS

• Author
    Replies
    • Avashna Moodley
      Participant

Good day

Due to covid 19 , Coming Home Organisation has halted all face to face support groups We’ve been giving one on one support via telecom. Try SSF( George ) for the Johannesburg area Contact myself for stroke survivors support group in the Durban area .

Regards Avashna Moodley0837881641

• Daniel Gu
      Participant

In case the poster has not got the info yet.

Here are some replies:

the are only three support organisations in the western cape that i know of, Helderburg, Constantia and Mended Hearts (Heart & Stroke Foundation). there contact details are on the Stroke Survivor Foundation website under the PDSS – support group menu,

Good Day,Please ask the member to advise which area in South Africa he is situated in?Kind Regards Annelise Ahir

• Annelise Ahir
      Participant

Good Day,Please ask the member to advise which area in South Africa he is situated in?Kind RegardsAnnelise Ahir

• dgroup03
      Participant

Bridgette, If you have a list of resources you would like to recommend in your region, let’s add them to the site. It is not hard to do. George has added one. The same goes to all our members. If you know some good resource in your region, including physical therapy clinics and speech therapy labs, let’s add them to the site.

• Bridgette Mohr
      Participant

Which area do you stay in?

• George Scola
      Participant

the are only three support organisations in the western cape that i know of, Helderburg, Constantia and Mended Hearts (Heart & Stroke Foundation). there contact details are on the Stroke Survivor Foundation website under the PDSS – support group menu,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.