• Creator
    Topic
    Strokefocus Admin
    Participant

I am meeting Alison Shapiro tomorrow.

Alison Shapiro is one of the co-founders of the Strokefocus project, and a leader in stroke healing. For those of you who would like to know more about Alison, here is her short intro video:

Alison has mentored many people on stroke recovery and mindfulness practice. She has built a very successful program with Kaiser Permanente.

Alison will be very interested in knowing how she could contribute to this online community.

Mindfulness is not something you can just do an online class. It requires some very personal involvement.

Strokefocus is exploring with teams participating in the project to best share content generated by wonderful survivors like Alison who developed their unique way of healing from their own experience.

With regard to mindfulness, what help or support you would like to receive? A quick primer? Sharing her own healing experience? Some online classes?

Share your thoughts. It will help our discussion with Alison and similar teams.

• Author
    Replies
    • Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

Good thought, Chris. I had been meaning to talk to Daniel soon about speakers for our support group. Those lulls in the conversation seem awkward and the speakers would eliminate the lulls and be educational as well!

• This reply was modified 54 years ago by .
    • Anne Tillinghast
      Keymaster

Chris and Daniel,Kim O’Kelley-Leigh, from Stroke Awareness Oregon out of Bend, offers a Meditation For Recovery zoom meeting twice a month. Would it be at all helpful to coordinate with her? If Allison can offer once per month, Kim’s group could also be offered under NW Brain (or Strokefocus, etc), perhaps as Mindfulness Meetings, or something like that?https://strokeawarenessoregon.org/event/meditation-class-on-zoom-4/Anne

Virus-free. http://www.avast.com

• Joyce Hoffman
      Participant

I would love to meet Alison and what she brings as Mindfulness. 

• Strokefocus Admin
      Participant
      Chris, thank you so much! Will let her know. I can see a live event will work great for people on this forum.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.